Penny's 12 Days of Christmas (6): Joy to the World / Isaac Watts
George Dance
2015-12-25 14:03:44 UTC
Penny's 12 Days of Christmas, on The Penny Blog:
Psalm 98 (Joy to the World) / Isaac Watts

Joy to the earth -- the Saviour reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains,
Repeat the sounding joy.
[...]

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/2015/12/psalm-98-joy-to-world-isaac-watts_25.html
Bill Evans
2015-12-25 17:26:15 UTC
Post by George Dance
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains,
Repeat the sounding joy.

Silent night, holy night

a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

-- Paul Simon
--
Bill Evans / Box 1224 / Mariposa, CA 95338 / (209)742-4720
In rec.arts.poems on Fri, 25 Dec 2015 09:26:15 -0800 (PST), Bill Evans
wrote:

<...>

Thank you, Ernie, for having the basic decency to snip the URL for
Dunce's spamsite from your reply to his spam. Not many people remember
to do that, when replying to spam, nowadays.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, and goodwill to
people who are not spammers, spammer-enablers, paedophiles,
paedophile-enablers, plagiarists, plagiarist-enablers, etc, etc.

IOW, seasonal peace and goodwill to all traditional RAPpers.

Ho! Ho! Ho!
--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2016-01-01 07:23:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains,
Repeat the sounding joy.

Silent night, holy night

a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

-- Paul Simon

Good one, my friends.