Winterworld Descending / Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-11-02 00:57:31 UTC
It uses google's Stats app, which (IIRC) counts only one hit from one
address per day, no matter how many times one clicks onto the page.
Exactly as I thought, which makes the conspiracy delusions "Brooke" has
somewhat amusing.
Don't flatter yourself.
I'm not.

I'm calling you an obsessed fool, though.

Everyone can see that but you, "Brooke".

:)
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-11-02 01:10:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
an obsessed fool, though.
Everyone can see that
We do, we really do, douchebag.
"I have always thought that the reason Dinosaurs were so big is because
of the dramatic difference in gravitational strength between that time
period and now" - Edmo the paleontologist.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/
Will Dockery
2017-11-02 06:20:09 UTC
Winterworld Descending, by Will Dockery
1. Stopwatch
My wayward muse,
I am still in the bewilderness.
Leave it to me,
A mute passing notes to a blind man.
[...]
Actually, I believe, it is. It uses google's Stats app, which (IIRC)
counts only one hit from one address per day, no matter how many times one
clicks onto the page.
Exactly, and reposted since certain fools posting here (such as Brooke)
didn't get it the first time.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-11-02 06:27:45 UTC
unaware of how to read a simple sentence
We noticed that when you failed to understand what George was trying to
explain to you.

:)
Will Dockery
2017-11-02 21:36:15 UTC
Winterworld Descending, by Will Dockery
1. Stopwatch
My wayward muse,
I am still in the bewilderness.
Leave it to me,
A mute passing notes to a blind man.
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/2017/10/winterworld-descending-will-dockery.html
Outstanding job, George,
Thanks; I had some good poems to work with.
will comment more later, in the middle of some real life
errands...
I don't expect you to criticize your own poem. But I'd be
happy to keep the conversation going.
Here's something that occurred to me, on rereading: Why does
the woman in "She Likes Bossa Nova" like "red red wine"? I
was thinking about that while listening to Chrissie Hynde,
when she gave me the answer: "She" liked the song. At that
point, I could imagine her and the speaker listening to it,
Help me forget that I still need her so...
All I can do I've done, but memories won't go

You mention Chrissie Hynde, to me she is a poet of heart
rending magnitude.
When she sings "I saw a picture of you..."
I almost feel like I could break down and cry, every time,
year after year.

Martin Chambers is working his biography...stay tuned for his
account..
That should be interesting as Hell, some details only he or
Chrissie witnessed and lived to tell.
I'm reading a biography on Billy Joel now, a fascinating figure
who turned /his/ autobiography into melodies... singing his songs,
the Piano Man...
He has told me some of the details...some not so pretty...stay tuned
Oh... I had no idea you know Martin Chambers, that's cool, and look
forward to learning more, staying tuned...
:)
I have an array of 'famous'...
I know of a couple, which of course I will not name here.
understandable....which is why I don't name them all....
You mentioned that May Pang brought you to the Beatles group, I bet that is
an interesting story.
Will Dockery
2017-11-22 00:29:18 UTC
Link corrected
Winterworld Descending, a mini-epic by Will Dockery

1. Stopwatch

My wayward muse,
I am still in the bewilderness.
Leave it to me,
A mute passing notes to a blind man.
[...]

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/2017/10/winterworld-descending-will-dockery.html

Thanks for that.

:)
Will Dockery
2019-02-15 19:10:54 UTC
On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 10:31:12 AM UTC-4, George Dance
http://youtu.be/BeJ55sUacPM
You mention Chrissie Hynde, to me she is a poet of heart rending
magnitude.
When she sings "I saw a picture of you..."
I almost feel like I could break down and cry, every time, year after
year.
http://youtu.be/radFwHzD-PM
It's a good 'objective correlative' (as Eliot would say). And not a cliche,
if it's used in a fresh manner. Note how HH, probably the most
cliche-resistant poet in the group, worked it into his last poem:

A photograph fell from a dislodged book
that wouldn't rest quite right upon the shelf.

But, a lot of "Back on the Chain Gang"'s appeal isn't poetic, in the sense
that the power of the song comes from the musical arrangement, not (as in
poetry) from the words alone.

Notice for instance how the theme of nostalgia is heightened by the
background vocals on the chorus, directly copied from Sam Cooke's "Chain
Gang."

Martin Chambers is working his biography...stay tuned for his account..
That should be interesting as Hell, some details only he or Chrissie
witnessed and lived to tell.
I'm reading a biography on Billy Joel now, a fascinating figure who
turned /his/ autobiography into melodies... singing his songs, the Piano
Man...
I like Billy, too, but that's enough about music for now.
Time to dedicate a Saturday Dancehall to Billy Joel, eh?