Will Dockery - "Spell my name right."
Will Dockery
2015-01-04 09:22:19 UTC
Cowardly post-editing
A tactic you pioneered, and still use as recently as yesterday?

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/6SLbVsB3cy8/3bxBu2WhdmsJ
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 3 Jan 2015 15:18:21 -0500, Will
run
willdockery
--
PJR :-)
... τὸ διδάξασθαι δέ τοι
— at The Shadowville All-Stars.
Will Dockery
2015-01-04 09:56:21 UTC
Throughout 2014
I displayed superior abilities in poetry, debate and general coolness than
you?

We know, why else would you propose this "Revenge Nomination". Peter?

But have at it... after all, such impotent "awards" are all you have, and as
Keith Richards put it so well:

"They've got no sense of humor... I thought I'd feed them a line and see
what they'd do with it. They need a good angle. Feed people an angle and
they spend the next year demolishing that. They're not interested in music.
There's no such thing as bad publicity anyways. If they spell your name
right and put your picture in, okay, great. Thanks." -Keith Richards
Peter J Ross
2015-01-06 17:22:52 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 4 Jan 2015 04:56:21 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
Throughout 2014
I displayed superior abilities in poetry, debate and general coolness than
you?
I nominate the above for the funniest sentence posted to AAPC in 2015.

I know it's early, but seriously, can it be surpassed?
Post by Will Dockery
We know, why else would you propose this "Revenge Nomination". Peter?
You still don't know what a revenge nomination is, do you, CNotY
nominee?
Post by Will Dockery
But have at it... after all, such impotent "awards" are all you
"FUCK OFF AND DIE, DRECKSTER."
I expect Mick, Brian (RIP), Ian (RIP) and the one whose name
temporarily escapes me agree.
Will Dockery
2015-01-06 17:58:20 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 4 Jan 2015 04:56:21 -0500, Will Dockery
Throughout 2014
I displayed superior abilities in poetry, debate and general coolness
than you?
I nominate the above for the funniest sentence posted to AAPC in 2015.
Also true, in my opinion... you're just not that good of a poet, and your
anti-social behavior is definitely uncool, PJR.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2015-01-06 21:46:44 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Throughout 2014
I displayed superior abilities in poetry, debate and general coolness
than you?
I nominate the above for the funniest sentence posted to AAPC in 2015.
I know it's early, but seriously, can it be surpassed?
Wait until lwd throw in the dulcet tones of his singing.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
We know, why else would you propose this "Revenge Nomination". Peter?
You still don't know what a revenge nomination is, do you, CNotY
nominee?
He's even been told this before. So he's deserving of the honor.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
But have at it... after all, such impotent "awards" are all you
"FUCK OFF AND DIE, DRECKSTER."
I expect Mick, Brian (RIP), Ian (RIP) and the one whose name
temporarily escapes me agree.
Are you trying to say rotted corpses have more talent then lwd? I agree.
"And I have already debunked the idea that I wear underware on any
part of my body." - Ed making lingerie stock plummet.
Peter J Ross
2015-01-06 17:17:23 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 4 Jan 2015 04:22:19 -0500, Will
Dockery wrote:
What are the blank lines for, CNotY nominee? Don't your posts waste
enough bytes already?
https://spam.com
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 3 Jan 2015 15:18:21 -0500, Will
run
willdockery
Did I give you permission to repost (and crosspost) my snipku,
copyright abusing scum?
p***@gmail.com
2019-08-07 18:15:44 UTC
Seems a long time ago, Tina
Staring at a picture book
as cellos saw away outside
Photographs of 1981
Seems very real to me
such a regal lady
but it is another land
far away
before I threw it all away
for her
I know that truth still echoes
and hurts
and just reminds me just how
confused the gambles made
could sometimes be.
Tina maybe some days
do you remember Dunkin' Dine
when we would go there
and play the little juke
box that was on all the tables?
George Harrison
remembered John and
"All those years ago."
as we looked into each others' eyes
"You better, you better you bet!"
Six months later
all, and I do mean all...
was lost.
Tina like a painting
in my memory
with your long red cartoon hair
green tiger eyes
deep and pure with honesty
just about as tall as me
as we clinched together like
Leonard Cohen's crucifix
a raving beauty
of fire and ice and a sparkle of green.
Game for any games
I could think of
you were always taking
the photos
and rarely appeared in any
in Summer of 1981.
Now I wish I had insisted more
took the camera
to for a moment be an artist
so I could see you
just a little while
but then again no.
Because even now I know folks
who like
being the photographer
because that is being
the artist
of the work
and that was you
in Summer of 1981.
I probably never mentioned
to you
at the time
since I'm not sure which of you
I was talking with
more that day
that I had a camera
filled with photos
of me and you
of me and Kathy and Clay
and those mutual cousins
in our scene.
As always running in a hurry
with my mind
filled with doubt and worry
I left that camera
sitting on a table
at Church's Chicken
across the street
from the Varsity Jr. hot dog stand
on Lindberg Drive
second guessing as time passed by.
It was out of my sight
for five minutes
flashing by
as I would expect now
36 years of perspective later
it was gone
when I got back.
I asked the employees
but nobody would admit
the camera
was ever there
it was only a few minutes
one of those employees
had to have
stolen that camera.
This would be
a whole roll
of photos of us
from that same time period
these photos of
Summer 1981...
as we strolled
barefoot
on Cheshire Bridge Road
And the shortcut
through the back streets
giggling
at the gay guys
outside Sweet Gum Head bar
two green haired
punk rock boys
kissing
declared their love
like we did
that month in Summer 1981.
Tina I see you closed
that picture book
that box filled with your
poetry and trinkets
from a bygone modern age
I see you waving goodbye
that was so long ago!
-Will Dockery
Thanks, Zod.
Thanks for the nod
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.poetry/OHKVHNK-VAg/hHAw3jj-ioEJ

"They've got no sense of humor... I thought I'd feed them a line and see
what they'd do with it. They need a good angle. Feed people an angle and
they spend the next year demolishing that. They're not interested in music.
There's no such thing as bad publicity anyways. If they spell your name
right and put your picture in, okay, great. Thanks." -Keith Richards

:)