Walking (To The Edge Of Town) / Will Dockery & Deby Payne
Will Dockery
2016-11-22 21:31:34 UTC
May I suggest giving that lead guitar and drums a tweak up..they seem to
be lost in your vocal.....enjoyed my friend...let those drums kick
ass....
Check this one out and see what you think, Jimmy?
Check out "Walking To The Edge Of Town Tonight" / Will Dockery & Deby
Payne" -
https://www.reverbnation.com/brianmallard/song/23938322-walkin-to-edge-town-tonight-will
Look for the remix/second draft of the song Walking (To The Edge Of Town)
on Brian Mallard's Reverbnation Channel, as "brianmallard".
Look for it under the title and credits "Walking To The Edge Of Town
Tonight" / Will Dockery & Deby Payne, comments & critique is welcomed.
Walking (To The Edge Of Town)
She seems to speak to me in some alien language, I'm sitting on the
corner, I'm feeling strangled. But I can't respond to some imaginary kiss.
She's taking advantage of this mysteriousness. So I'm walking to the edge
of town tonight. The moon looks like a skull in the sky tonight. I'm
walking to the edge of town tonight. I know the Underground's got
something going on tonight.
It was there at the coffee shop, I still had my old job as the bell hop.
She told her story, I wasn't listening. She smiled in the air, I'm afraid
to tell her I care, she was bringing me down and her eyes were
glistening... I'm walking to the edge of town tonight. I see a blue moon
over the water, electric glide. I'm walking to the edge of town tonight. I
don't know what I'll do when I get there but it'll be on tonight. Right
on.
She dances in many colors, almost put me in her spell. Just like easy
money, she seems to spin so well. But I can't respond because she's
already gone. She's opened the door and it won't long. I'm walking to the
edge of town tonight. I see a neon light flashing just out of sight. I'm
walking to the edge of town tonight. I don't know how I'll get there but
when I do it'll be all right, right on. Can't you hear me making sounds?
-Will Dockery (words) - Brian Mallard (music)
Yep, Will...The 'bookends' of your Carhartt work shirt and Deby's silk
pajama vocals bring the magic out of the tune...nice work all around. The
music and vocals now belong together. Deby adds a 'look but don't touch'
quality filling the tune nice. It's taking a few listens to get used to the
spoken 'right on' bit but feel it is a part of the character saying it...a
bit out of step...life moving on without him.

Kudos to Brian Mallard...

Jim

I spoke with Mallard this morning and he says:

Hello and Happy Holidays, Jimmy!

:)
Will Dockery
2016-11-23 13:36:38 UTC
[...]
Going through the archives on this newsreader, apparently I missed this
excellent commentary, Jim... so a belated thank you.
:)
This one could be a theme song for the forgotten Americans.

In truth that's the natural final result of the lives of mostmen, obscurity
and eventually oblivion.

The artist fights that fate at every turn.
Will Dockery
2016-11-24 08:46:19 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
-- Jacques (the melancholy)