The poetry of Gary Frankfurth
Will Dockery
2015-09-15 13:17:32 UTC
The Bat and the Loon, by Gary Frankfurth
A man kneels to a lake of tears
and cups a shattered face to his mouth.
she busies herself sewing a mourning dress.
[...]
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2011/04/bat-and-loon-gary-frankfurth.html

More poetry by the late, legendary, immortal Gary Frankfurth, who passed
away on August 12th 2015, at 7pm.

Godspeed on your journey to the Undiscovered Country, my friend.

And so it goes... forever and ever, Amen.
Peter J Ross
2015-09-15 18:18:34 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 15 Sep 2015 09:17:32 -0400, Will
the late, legendary, immortal Gary Frankfurth, who passed away but
whose rotting, legendary, immortal corpse is still being dragged
around Usenet by a narcissistic clown
Edited for truth.
--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2015-09-19 23:49:38 UTC
Finding some great writings from Gary Frankfurth at alt.fiction.original
archives, here is a critique from Gary archived there, for starters:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.fiction.original/4oruRN7-wXE/3m4DYZpnGPMJ

I am having difficulty once again. I think it lies in this: When I
read a novel I am grabbed by the voice and the narrative and I
continue reading, devouring the really good ones. The voice becomes
alive, telling me a story that I don't want to end. With your piece,
getting it piecemeal, I hear an anecdote and move on to a piece of
music or a piece of art or another piece of prose or poetry, only to
return days or weeks later to another anecdote of yours. The business
at hand is to progress the narrative. With this one I somehow sense
that you are beginning to enjoy the sound of your own voice and that
you are playing with yourself, figuratively. (To say 'literally' would
be a bad pun.)

It might be better if I wait to read the work at its completion in
order to find if the voice and the narrative will sustain my
attention.

Then again I may just have some holiday gastritis.

-Gary Frankfurth