Sassanna / a poem by Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2015-04-13 17:33:34 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 12 Apr 2015 14:57:36 -0400, Will
I just recently discovered I have a growing base of fans in Russia,
Why don't you pretend
Interesting that you snipped the post which provided evidence that I was
posting the truth.

Why are you such a desperate, dishonest little man, Peter?

:D
--
Check out "Angel of Esquiline Hill / First Draft" by Will Dockery -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/22149226-angel-esquiline-hill--first-draft
Peter J Ross
2015-04-15 20:52:26 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:33:34 -0400, Will
Post by Will Dockery
such a desperate, dishonest little man
Will Dockery
--
PJR :-)
... ἐκ γὰρ εὐτυχοῦς
— Euripides
Will Dockery
2015-04-15 22:48:37 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Will Dockery
Your current obsession?

"We know."

:D
--
"I felt a door opening in me and I entered the clarity of early morning. One
after another my former lives were departing, like ships, together with

Check out "Chattahoochee Sunset" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville
All-Stars -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11459910

— reading The Doom that Came to Sarnath with Gary Frankfurth and 2 others at
Edgewood Park.
Will Dockery
2015-04-24 13:37:45 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
such a desperate, dishonest little man
PJR :-)
Your admission is noted, PJR.

:D
--
"Art and life are subjective. Not everybody's gonna dig what I dig, but I
reserve the right to dig it." -Whoopi Goldberg

Check out Rock-N-Roll Night by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/18033340-rock-n-roll-night--dockery-snipe
Will Dockery
2015-04-30 16:19:59 UTC
Wow, "50 Years Ago: The Rolling Stones Urinate in Public". That headline
speaks volumes about either the "rock" culture or the press in general ...
most likely both.
Also, it looks like this post was missed by most, or all, of you, as for
some of the inspiration/referencing of the "Sassanna" poem (which was
written and published over 20 years ago, btw, and so my memory isn't perfect
Why does the scene change, and who
is pissing on the wall, you or the chick?
The bum from the soup kitchen who'd vomited in the garbage cans beside the
freshly painted porch earlier that afternoon.
This line I read this morning from the poet/artist Mabel Dodge stirred my
memory and reminded me what the garbage reference must have been an homage
to...

"The cleanest smell of decaying fish and elm trees in the air..."

She was referring to Provincetown Rhode Island, where all the Free-Verser
aka Revolt poets and artists started spending their summers starting in
1911-1914.

I was obviously (it seems so clear now) echoing Leonard Cohen's

"She shows you where to look among the garbage and the flowers."

Anyway, I'll get back to Mabel Dodge shortly, and probably will be looking
for the poem "The Story of a Lover" by one of the revolting ones, Hutchins
Hapgood, who would verily make a great "poet of the day" either today or
most any other day.

A sampling of his work, from the book I'm reading, apparently:

The song that we sing is the death of your day
The sledge that we swing is the smash of your sway
Blow after blow until you chains let go
And the hold of your gold gives way.

And so it went.